Sometimes, I wonder if I should forget this blog, and my others. I update far too randomly for my personal tastes, and I do have the best of intentions to update more.... I think I may need better scheduling or something. That may do it. We'll see.
Anyways, one of the things I do want to do is get back into episodic reviews of anime. In truth, I've not watched much of anything from this summer season (nothing really struck me as all that great, including the second season of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. I'm still on episode 14 of that.)
But, it's okay, because the fall '09 season is soon to start, and I'm doing my preliminary picking on what I'll try to watch now:
- Kampfer -- This one I'll at least give a shot to. Which means I'll get the first episode, and base my decision on those 22 minutes
- Nyan Koi -- just the description has amused me so I don't see how it could hurt to try it...
- 11eyes -- provided they keep the ecchi factor down, this has promise...
- Tatakau Shisho-The Book of Bantorra -- I'm going to have to give this one a try
- Seitokai no Ichizon -- I do have a soft-spot for slice-of-life comedies
- Inuyasha: The Final Act -- I will be watching this
- Seiken no Blacksmith -- I'll give it a try....
Beyond that, I have had a good geek time since my last post. I got to watch District 9 and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And I even got a David Weber book, and a Star Wars novel (both of which I need to write reviews on, but I'm apparently a horribly lazy person so...).
Of course, I do have the standard set megalomaniac children going for me to ensure I keep my life filled with random bits of geekery.
I also have recently discovered that geekery is contagious.
It seems that my eldest son had a friend over a lot during this past summer, and now said friend is as excited and ecstatic and obsessive concerning lightsabers and Star Wars as my two boys are.
Personally, I think it's great fun.
His parents... not so much.
But hey, that's the joys of a life of geek-ness.
Now, if only I could get my youngest to root for the good guys as opposed to wanting to throw lightning around like Emperor Palpatine....